Here we wish to brought to your notice the list of Approved NUC Courses Offered in Igbinedion University Okada (IUO)
Igbinedion University, Okada marks the realization of the dream of chief (Sir) Dr. Gabriel Osawaru Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom, to bequeath to future generation of Nigeria University education of international standard where academic calendar is faithfully run without interruption.
The planning committee was inaugurated on 13TH March 1995, comprising distinguished scholars and seasoned University administrators whose responsibilities amongst others included the formulation of the Academic Brief for the actualization of the Igbinedion University project.
General Entry Requirements
- To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations,which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September, when the new session commences.
- Candidate may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Economics and Development Studies
- English Language
- Geography and Regional Planning
- International Relation and Strategic Studies
- Mass Communication
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Theatre Arts
College of Business and Management Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
College of Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
College of Health Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Nursing Science
College of Law
College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Computer Sciences
College of Pharmacy
Other Related Posts
The list of Approved Courses Offered in Igbinedion University is made possible with the help of theinfopro.com.ng